Rampello Application Information
1st Application Date for Elementary, Middle and High School Choice/Magnet
October 26, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Results available mid February
*Please note- we will not open again in January for Elementary.
Rampello is 100% magnet which means all of our students must apply through the Hillsborough County Public Schools Magnet/CHOICE Program Office.
For Rampello, we have an additional step to the application process, a Verification of Downtown Employment/Residency Please fill out the blue link below:
Please Note: It is advised to have a strong alternate school choices on your magnet application as we have limited enrollment. Seats are EXTREMELY limited. Also, please remember to complete the verification form for Downtown Employment Preference.
- Families will not receive any letters or information via US mail
- All students (current and new to HCPS) can respond online.
- Families will be instructed to contact the school directly for enrollment procedures (see below)
* If you have a student currently attending Rampello, and are applying for a sibling, make sure you include your currently enrolled child's student number in the online application. It will HELP their shot in the lottery.
Placement Information- You got chosen in the lottery! Now what??
After the school lottery has been run, all families will receive a ParentLink phone message and email directing them to go online to view results. Families can respond to results by visiting the Hillsborough Choice home page and clicking on the "Response Link" at the top of the page.
- Once you have accepted your offer to become a Rampello Pirate, please look at the documents attached below and come into the school at your earliest convenience with the required items to register your child and to complete a registration form. (You can't just drop documents off.) We are asking that all middle school students that intend to attend Rampello next year are registered by Friday, April 27th. After this date, we will be seeking to fill seats with students currently on our waiting list.
- Student Registration Requirements
You must obtain a Registration Form from school to complete and sign and submit it to the Data Processor/Registrar along with the following items:
- Student who is currently attending a Hillsborough County Public School:
- 2 Forms of Address Verification (Current electric bill, Homestead Exemption, Property tax receipt, Contract for purchase of home, Lease agreement, Warranty deed)
- Student from a Private school, or a school outside the county but within Florida:
- Birth Certificate*
- Immunization Record*
- Address Verification (see above)
- Social Security card/number
*public school (within Florida) – must provide within 30 days
*private school – must provide upon entry
- Student entering Kindergarten or student from a school outside the state coming to Florida for the first time:
- Birth Certificate
- Physical (within last 12 months of first day of school)
- Immunization Record
- Address Verification (see above)
- Social Security Card/Number
- Most recent report card* (and standardized test scores-if available)
*does not apply to students entering Kindergarten
Student Residency Form 2016-17_Final.docx
- You must accept the seat as soon as possible to ensure your child's seat is held. We will release your offer if we don't hear back in a timely manner.
- If you decline an offer for placement (at any school) you must reapply to be considered for any magnet program. If you are not offered a seat (at any school) after the first round, your student's name will remain in the application pool until the start of the school year. Please note: some grades levels are extremely limited in number of seats available. If you choose Rampello as your only magnet choice and do not get offered a seat, you will have to reapply the following school year.
Additional Questions? Call the CHOICE Hotline:
- Tours occur at 9:00 am on Wednesdays, by appointment only. Click here to sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/OcdjHjIuc2fErfCf2
- When arriving on campus for a tour, please utilize our drop off/pick up lane for parking.
- We ask all visitors to sign in at Student Affairs once you are buzzed into the office.
- Please bring a photo ID for each adult touring.
School Contact Information
Magnet Lead Teacher: Amy Miller